Since I’ve been trying to get a post written for a week now I decided to just recap “Bujo” style.
- Completed the Whole30 Program. It was challenging and a learning experience, and it was FABULOUS! I lost 19lbs but gained so much more.
- Koegel’s On The Road came thru Idaho with perfect timing and so I was able to get a taste of home and it was delicious.
All Michigan products – Koegel’s meat, Bettermade chips and Faygo pop. The only thing missing was the Superman ice cream for dessert!
- My son, his fiance’ and I all visited our local aquarium for the first time and that was pretty cool.
I loved this guy.
And this one.
He reminded me of The Incredible Mr. Limpet.
Raise your hand if you’re old like me and have seen this movie. I absolutely LOVE it!
- I found Nemo in case anyone was looking for him.
- And my son found these guys and they loved him.
Every time one of them swam up to him all I could think of was Steve Irwin!
- I’ve made a full recovery from Memorial Weekend and all is right with my world once again.
- I bought some more fabric. This may have helped in my recovery.
- Working on baby stuff for my new grandbaby.
- Helping my future daughter-in-law with her newly founded all things pamper/heal yourself small business.
- Totally binged on Rizzoli & Isles. Loved that show.
- The grind – Housework, errands, appts.
You know the drill.
Due to the rain, I’ll be inside crocheting, sewing, crafting and Netflixing something British. What’s happening with all of you??
What are you crafting, sewing, reading, watching???
OR, are you having my dream weekend?
Nowhere to go. Nothing to do.
If that’s your weekend I am super jealous!Mimi’s quote for the day –
Whoever penned those words was most definitely NOT a blogger.
Forgive me blogging world for I have sinned. It has been 67 days since my last blog post.
While I was gone…
– I did not discover the cure for cancer but I did use sunscreen so that’s kinda’ close.
– I also did not go tubing down the Boise River but I did go past the park that’s completely flooded by the Boise River, so again, close.
– I met a total hottie while shopping at Whole Foods and then went back to his place and had wild Animal Planet sex!
– Okay. I didn’t really meet a total hottie and go home with him to have wild Animal Planet sex…
BUT… I was in Whole Foods and I did see a total hottie and I seriously thought about having wild Animal Planet sex with him!
So, yeah, I’m gonna’ count that as close too.
I started the Whole30 eating plan. You can read about the plan here.
Basically, it’s this –
Meat, fruit n’ veggies. No sugar, no grains, no dairy.
“Eliminate the most common craving-inducing, blood sugar disrupting, gut-damaging, inflammatory food groups for a full 30 days.”
After 30 days you start introducing more foods back into your meals and then you
pick n’ choose which ones stay based on the way they make you feel after eating them again.
So far, drinking my coffee black seems to be the most challenging aspect of this plan.
I didn’t realize how much I reeeaaallly love my fancy coffees!
Other happenings –
A wedding and a new grandbaby in October! Can you say busy, busy, busy?!
Plus the daily/weekly –
Going to church
Getting healthy, physically, mentally and spiritually
Hitting the trails
Aaand… Trying to stay in the creative zone with lots of creative irons in the fire!
Keeping it all in balance, cutting out the negative and basking in the positive.
Those are my goals.
In the words of Ferris Bueller –
Here are a couple of the “creative irons” in the fire.
WIP (Work in progress) the first of many baby blankets for the new lit’l tummy nugget.
Bobble stitches and granny stripes. As soon as we find out if it’s a boy or girl I’ll add some color.
And, using up some scrap yarn whipping up some granny squares.
The “back” pic shows the weaving in of the ends with a tapestry needle. Sometimes I weave as I go. Whatever my mood. I really like the granny squares because they whip up so fast and you can do so many things with them.
I’m going to blog at least 3 times a week now. More if I can fit it in. I really enjoy it and I really miss it. And, I really miss all of YOU!
I hope you’re all doing well and I wish you all a fabulous week ahead!
Mimi’s quote for the day –