Happy July! Let the heatwaves begin!
In my last post, I mentioned having new neighbors upstairs, next door and a few doors down.
Well, suddenly we have an issue. An issue we didn’t have with our old neighbors..
THE NEXT DOOR NEIGHBORS –
First up. I keep my blinds open all day because I choose not to live like a vampire. The day the new neighbors moved in was no different. I’m sitting there crocheting and watching my British shows and out of the corner of my eye, I see this empty cardboard box go flying thru the air from the new neighbor’s direction.
In my mind I’m thinking, I know they’re not just gonna’ let that shit go flyin’ around and not pick it up. – They didn’t.
A kid I’d never seen before went running after it and started kicking it around.
Cool. Whatever. Moving is boring for kids. I get it.
Then I look up and this same kid is walking back and forth in my part of the backyard looking in my windows! What the hell?? Can I just tell you? It’s a little more than annoying to have some weirdo kid staring at you all day. I so wish I had been naked. That lit’l peeping Tom would’ve needed eye bleach for a year!
Fortunately, when I got up to go outside he scattered and I haven’t seen – key word being seen – him since. Clearly, he’s doing his thievery at night or when we’re not home. And honestly, it’s not so much that he’s taking shit off of my patio as much as it is that he’s coming onto my patio.
Where I come from that’s a good way to get shot.
I would mention this to his parents but they don’t speak English. They’re refugees from I don’t know where but they’re very colorfully wrapped from head to toe.
Did I mention that they don’t speak English?
To date, their klepto kid has a total of 4 lighters and one ink pen left there on purpose to see if he’d take that too. He did.
Can’t wait to see what he does with them and when.
On the plus side, they don’t have a dog.
That would be the other neighbors that moved in..
In other news – I’d just like to be like everyone else and whine about the heat.
It’s flippin’ hot!
Again, this weekend. Let’s be kind to our animals and veterans alike.
I hope all of you have a safe and happy 4th of July weekend.
Happy July and stay cool my friends!
Mimi’s quote for the day –
Apparently, it’s going to be another “recap” “Bujo” post soooo here goes!
- Woke up with the theme song from “Friends” bouncing around my head. Crazy because I remember no dreams having to do with “Friends” the t.v. show, the song, the cast of “Friends” or my real life friends.
In any event, I hope this earworm wiggles it’s way out of my head pronto!
- Father’s Day has come and gone and for those of you who were fortunate enough to celebrate with your dads, I hope it was a day of making wonderful memories.
To those of you, like me, who have fathers that have passed on, I hope it was a day to recall wonderful memories.
It’s always a tough day for me. A little bit sad, a little bit jealous and a whole lot of wishing for just a little more time…
- I’ve been on a crochet kick lately. Mainly for the new grand-Diva on the way. Baby blankets, booties, hats but I’ve got some scarves going for the trees downtown for the homeless when the weather turns. One day I’ll post all of the little projects I’ve been working on. Today is not that day.
I’m just too lazy to gather it all together and take pics.
- We have new neighbors upstairs.
- We have new neighbors next door.
- We have new neighbors two doors down.
That’s a blog for another day.
- Still trying to organize my blogging. Figuring out the days to visit and read, and the days to post. This is somewhat challenging and I know I’m not alone with this.
If there’s an easy fix please fill me in. Thanks.
- Our weather is much like everyone else’s I suspect.
- A happy little reminder tho…
What’s happening with all of you? Big plans for the 4th of July?
After a bbq or two, I’ll be at home snuggling my pup so she, along with every other dog in the neighborhood, doesn’t go nutso.
My dog haaaattttteees fireworks, actually she’s not a fan of loud noises in general and of course. the 4th is the worst day/night for that.
I wonder if fireworks affect other animals like they do dogs.
I hope you’re staying cool wherever you are and whatever you’re doing. And I hope those storms aren’t wreaking havoc in your neck of the woods. It’s just heat and wildfires for us so the norm. I suspect I will never enjoy sitting next to a campfire ever again not after all these years of fire, fire everywhere!
Be well my friends! Stay cool and stay safe!
And don’t forget our furry friends!
Mimi’s quote for the day –